The use of new technologies in university education should aim at improving the quality of teaching and is school success, increasing the students' academic performance and productivity of teachers. To do this, first is necessary to encourage the use of tools for the treatment of information and analysis to help managers and executives of the University on the organization of their teaching and in making decisions that promote increased productivity and efficiency. On the other hand, should intensify the use of technology in teaching methodology, promoting pedagogical models that rely on them and acting as a catalyst for educational innovation.
The Vice President for Educational Innovation Tecnologíae is created in early 2005 with the objective of fostering the integration of digital technologies in the University, both in the field of management, research and teaching, with particular emphasis on the latter.
In the academic year 2007-2008, following the reelection of the current Chancellor and Senior Management Team, is the Vice President for Educational Innovation Tecnologíae the following skills:
- Actions and projects of educational innovation. - Integration of digital technologies in the university system. - infrastructure and technology. - Bibliographic and documentary services. - Linguistic Policy and promotion of Valencian.
be structured in three secretariats:
- Secretariat Documentary and Bibliographic Information, led by Professor Juan José Bayona Gimenez whose á Areas of competition are:
bibliographical, documentary and audiovisual equipment. < br /> System of learning resources. Content open.
- Secretariat of Information, headed by Prof. M ª del Mar López Pujol, whose areas of expertise are
infrastructure. Internet information system and services online. integrated information systems. Free software and open source tools.
- Secretary of Education-Technological Innovation, led by Professor Fernando Torres Medina, whose areas of expertise are
technological support to the university community. < br /> Technology applied to educational innovation. ; specialized equipment for teaching.
organically three services:
- Bibliographic Information Service and Documentation (SIBID). - Service. - Secretariat for the Promotion of Valencia.