- Introduction to accessibility
- Accessibility statement
- Compliance status
- Non-accessible content
- Preparation of this accessibility statement
- Observations and contact details
- Application procedure
- Optional content
Accessibility is the degree to which all people can perceive, understand and navigate the information contained in a digital document regardless of their technical, cognitive or physical abilities.
The University of Alicante is committed to making its websites and applications for mobile devices accessible, according to the Real Decree 1112/2018 , 7th September, about accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public sector.
This accessibility statement applies to websites in the domain www.ua.es or the equivalent web.ua.es.
You can also check the mobile applications accessibility statement of the University of Alicante.
This website is partially compliant with level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines in version 2.1, due to the exceptions and lack of conformity in the following aspects.
The content below is not accessible for the following reasons:
- Because a content management system is used and there are hundreds of users updating and creating new content, we cannot guarantee that the content will comply with the WCAG 2.1. However, we undertake to review the content periodically and to resolve any problems that users notify us of.
- There is video, audio or video and audio old multimedia contents that do not comply with the AA level of accessibility because they do not have subtitles or text transcription.
- There is live multimedia content.
- You can find office files in PDF, Word, PowerPoint and other formats, as well as applications published before September 20, 2018, which do not meet all accessibility requirements.
- Online map and cartography services.
- Third party content not financed or developed by the University of Alicante.
This statement was prepared on 25 October 2019 after review of the home page by the University's technical staff and by users with various disabilities.
If you have any queries, complaints or suggestions regarding the accessibility of the University of Alicante's websites and applications for mobile devices, or if you wish to request information in an accessible format, you can send them to us.
If you need information about how to use this website with support products or technical aids, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a request for accessible information or complaint has been made, if it has been rejected, there is no agreement on the decision taken or if the response does not satisfy the requirements referred to in Article 12.5, the interested person may initiate a claim. Likewise, a claim may be initiated if the period of twenty business days has elapsed without having obtained an answer.
The claim can be submitted through a generic instance in the General Registry of the University of Alicante or an instance from the Sede Electronica, as well as the rest of the options included in Law 39/2015, of October 1, of the Common Administrative Procedure of the Public Administrations.
Claims will be received and treated by the Responsible Unit for Accessibility of the University of Alicante.
To be able to navigate through this website in an accessible way, a group of shortcut keys have been programmed and they collect the information blocks of general interest in which the website is organised.
|9||Contact / Suggestions|
|S||Skip to content|
Depending on the Operating System and the browser used, the key combination will be as follows:
|Explorer||ALT + shortcut, then ENTER|
|FireFox||ALT + UPPERCASE + shortcut|
|Chrome||ALT + shortcut|
|Safari||Control + Option + shortcut|
|Opera||UPPERCASE + ESC + shortcut|
Note: Browsers listed in the table are the most used by the users. In no case it does intends to be a list of the recommended browsers of the University of Alicante.
The accessible design of this web allows the users to choose the font size they need. This action can be done by different ways depending on the browser.
One way to modify the text size on Windows computers is to use the key combination CTRL and + to increase the text size, and CTRL and - to reduce the size of the text.
You can also follow the next steps depending on the browser you use to change the text size.
|Explorer||Options > Text size|
|Firefox||Menu icon > Zoom|
|Chrome||More options icon > Configuration > Appearance > Font size|
|Safari||Preferences > zoom|
|Opera||Page menu > zoom|