This scientific meeting on La Alcudia-UA Foundation is to be held the MAN on Wednesday, 19 October as the result of a common interest in getting to know our past history and the preservation of its material remains. Upon the invitation of MAN Director Andres Cantero, UA Vice President for Research & Knowledge Transfer Amparo Navarro Faure, along with Research Office Director Juan Mora Pastor and Director of both the Institute for Research in Archaeology and Historical Heritage and of the Foundation Scientific Committee Sonia Gutiérrez Lloret will confirm attendance, as well as University Comptroller Rafael Pla Penalva and, on the part of the Foundation, its director, Alejandro Ramos and archaeological technicians Mercedes Tendero and Ana Ronda.
The meeting will start at 5pm with an academic guided tour commenting the collections of the Ilici-La Alcudia site at MAN, by curator of Greek and Roman Antiquities Ángeles Castellano Hernández. The participation of several experts will follow including Concha Papí, a museum technician and author of a study on Aureliano Ibarra entitled Aureliano Ibarra y La Alcudia. Una mirada a la arqueología del XIX (Aureliano Ibarra and La Alcudia. A look at the 20th century archeology) published by Publicaciones UA, who will talk about "The Ibarra collection at the MAN", acquired by MAN in 1891. Ibarra it featured as the leading scholar in Ilici antiquities. On the Foundation side, Sonia Gutierrez, Alejandro Ramos, Ana Ronda and Mercedes Tendero will review the museum and research work in La Alcudia since the UA joined the archaeological site.
La Alcudia Foundation and the MAN also share close ties through some of their corresponding sponsors, who share sponsorships with both institutions. Such is the case of Mauro Hernández Pérez, professor of Prehistory at the UA; Manuel Bendala Galán, Professor of Archaeology at the University of the Autonomous University of Madrid and Ricardo Olmos Romera, CSIC Research Professor.
Universidad de Alicante Carretera de San Vicente del Raspeig s/n 03690 San Vicente del Raspeig Alicante (Spain)