The University of Alicante joins the World Social Work Day with commemorative events
Alicante, 15th March 2012
The Department of Social Work and Social Services of the University of Alicante (UA) marks tomorrow the World Social Work Day, held on 20th March, with activities aimead at students, professionals and academic staff in the social scope.
From 9:30 am, the Lecture Building no. 2 will host several conferences defending social services in times of crisis and the profile of people with disabilities. Furthermore, from 12.00, the students of first year of the Degree in Social Work will organize various activities to analyze the role of social worker.
"This act will create a space for reflection and discussion where students, teachers and professionals discuss the role of our profession," said Yolanda Domenech, Director of the Department of Social Work and Social Services of the UA.
This year, for the first time, the United Nations will celebrate the World Social Work Day on 26th March at the IFSW (International Federation of Social Work) and its partners will present the objectives of the Global Agenda for Social Work and Social Development to the Secretary-General of the United Nations. Thus, we present a new document: a Guide to the Global Agenda commitments of Social Work and Social Development.
"This document is the next step in the process of the Global Agenda and a great moment for the sector. Never before this profession had jointly developed such important objectives to address the most urgent challenges of our time", says the Director of the UA Department of Social Work and Social Services.
- 9.15 am to 9.30 am. Reception of participants
- 9.30 Opening Ceremony Domenech Yolanda Lopez, Director of Social Work and Social Services. Victor M. Bertomeu Gimenez, Dean of Social Work, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration. President of the Association of Social Workers of Alicante.
- 9.30 to 10.15 Conference: Partnership for Social Defense Public Services. Social Work with the crisis. President of the Association of Social Workers of Alicante.
- 10.15 to 11.30. Lecture on Intellectual Disability as Experts by Experience. Joint project of the San Rafael Centre and San Francisco de Borja Foundation and the subject started with the subject on Professional Skills of Social Work, Graduate Prohgramme in Social Work at the University of Alicante. Estrella Esteve and Mª Paz de la Calzada. Social Workers at San Rafael Centre (San Francisco de Borja Foundation for People with Intellectual Disability).
- 11:30 am to 12 noon. Break
- 12 noon to 1.30 pm. Workshops on the Social Worker's Role in the Professional Context. Activities organized by first-year students of the Graduate Programme in Social Work, University of Alicante.
- 13:30 Closing of the Day. Yolanda Domenech López, Director of Social Work and Social Services.
Location: Auditorium, Lecture Building no. 2. University of Alicante
Universidad de Alicante Carretera de San Vicente del Raspeig s/n 03690 San Vicente del Raspeig Alicante (Spain)