Faculties and centres
Publication of the proceedings
- Deadline for final submissions: March 1, 2019.
- Maximum length (everything included): 7.000 words.
- Style sheet of MonTI: https://web.ua.es/es/monti/normas-de-redaccion.html
-Send to: email@example.com
- Blind peer revision. Two publication possibilities: with Comares publisher or as part of an e-book on AIETI's website.
- Final decision by: June, 2019.
The University of Alicante, working in partnership with the universities, of Murcia, València and Jaume I, and fostered by the AIETI (Iberian Association of Translation and Interpreting Studies), announces the 9th AIETI International Conference (AIETI9) to be held on 23-25 January, 2019 at the University of Alicante (Spain) - https://web.ua.es/en/aieti9/home.html
The name of the conference, Translatum nostrum – Hybridity from the Mediterranean seeks to encourage a deep and rigorous analyisis of the current situation and future perspectives of Translation and Interpreting Studies. The approach will always be within the research perspective that characterizes AIETI. This involves a concept of research as a fuitful reflection bringing about both a systematic understanding of reality and a vindication of a more tolerant and generous world towards the Other, a world in which translators and interpreters can act as catalysts of the hybridity giving its name and rationale to this conference.
The languages of the conference will be Basque, Catalan, English, Galician, Portuguese and Spanish.
Currently, we are finalizing an agreement with a high-ranking publisher in Spain for the publication of a selection of the conference proceedings. Accordingly, the final decision about the publication of a paper will involve blind peer review.
Presentations will last a maximum of 30 minutes (including 10 minutes for questions and discussion). All those interested should send their proposals under one of the following panels, which will make up the structure of the conference:
1. Bibliography / history of research in translation
2. Cognition and translation
3. Didactics of translation
4. Gender and translation studies
5. Genre, specialized communication and translation
7. Translation technologies
8. Audiovisual translation
9. Technical and scientific translation, and terminology
10. Literary translation
- Deadline for abstracts of the papers (a maximum length of 500 words, Times NR 11 and 1.5 spacing, references exclusive): before June 30, 2018 to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notification of the decision by the Scientific Board: September 30, 2018.
- Candidates to the best Ph.D. thesis of the biennium for doctoral dissertations submitted between 1 October 2016 and 30 September 2018 should be sent to email@example.com before 1 October 2018.