UA Homeshare Scheme
Under this intergenerational homeshare scheme, a UA student lives with a householder to bring mutual companionship and support in everyday life.
On the one hand, this social scheme allows householders to avoid or relieve loneliness or keep a work-life balance; on the other hand, students who need accommodation also get the chance to see the potential of the elderly, people with different abilities or women with family responsibilities.
In cooperation with...
In Alicante and San Vicente del Raspeig, this scheme is run in cooperation with:
- Health centres
- Social services centres
- Town Council Department for the Elderly
- Community centres
- Adult training centres
- Care homes
Other homeshare schemes in Spain
If you are interested in this scheme but are going to live in a different town, click on the link below to see other intergenerational homeshare schemes in Spain.
Intergenerational homeshare schemes abroad
- Germany and Austria
- For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and 96 590 3873
In the media
- Combatir la soledad de los mayores conviviendo con universitarios ["Elderly people living with university students to relieve loneliness"] (El Mundo, 05/07/2015)
- «Gracias al programa de Alojamiento Solidario de la Universidad de Alicante he podido continuar estudiando» ["'The UA Homeshare Scheme allowed me to keep studying'"] (Diario Información, 23/11/2013)
- Interview on Radio San Vicente (08/03/2013)