The Master presented the following features especially valuable:
· Training-validated multidisciplinary job placement/relevance I + D + i. A large part of proponents and teachers participating in this Master are promoters of Multidisciplinary Institute for the Study of the "Ramon Margalef" , approved by Decree 47/2006 of 7 April and the DOGV Pulice dated April 12, 2004. Of all the institutions and agencies agreements, the participation of some of its members will reinforce the multidisciplinary nature of the Master's program on offer.
· Multidisciplinary training (the two previous points are reflected in the nature of the studies and in the specialties of the Master)
· Collaboration between universities (including universities proponents and support centers)
Graduates in environmental science, biology and marine sciences, chemistry, geology, chemical engineers, Geologist, agricultural and forestry. Geography and licensed pharmacy, agriculture and forestry. In general, titles or degrees related to profile and learning from the master's lines. For students with foreign studies, the Evaluation Committee will carefully examine the applicant's academic profile. 10 Tuition is dedicated to this purpose.
The objectives of the official postgraduate programmes respond to the requirements posed by the European area of higher education, i.e. constitute a specialized high-quality knowledge and scientific professional competence. On this basis, it offers a program of postgraduate training which enables a comprehensive knowledge of the environment with solid theoretical foundations of raw materials essential to carry out the study. It's creating in students the knowledge, skills and abilities for the theory of the study of Mediterranean ecosystems in global analysis, diagnosis and actions in these ecosystems.
-Understand the functioning, structure and dynamics of the Mediterranean, both in the land and sea ecosystems, as well as the territories traditionally handled for the exploitation of resources.
-Analyze the diversity in every way of life, not only in organisms, but also in the social and cultural diversity.
-Design and develop sustainable strategies for managing Mediterranean ecosystems, both natural enespacios subject to protection, as in the areas of human influence.
-Assess global change, analyzing the speed of processes and changes in the human performance in the territory.
-Career guidance research through participation in research in University departments or participating departments.
The skills to be developed are as follows:
-Use in practice, to resolve environmental problems, technologies and methods currently ranging from global analysis of genomics and Proteomics in organisms, to remote sensing technologies.
-Develop the capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team that brings together specialists in various fields of competence of the environment.
-Solving environmental problems related to business and public administrations.
A) training and environmental education
(B) research and development on the environment
(C) environmental quality in the enterprise management systems and
(D) environmental management in the Administration
(E) consulting and environmental impact assessment
(F) industry and environmental technology
(G) management of the natural environment
(H) environmental restoration
I) information, documentation and environmental disclosure
1. Universities involved
· University of Alicante (UA) (Governing Council, 24/11/2005)
· Universidad Miguel Hernández de Elche (UMH)
Analysis and Management of Mediterranean Ecosystems
3. Unit/Is Responsible/s
· Department of Marine Sciences and Applied Biology
· Department of Earth Sciences and Environment
· Department of Agrochemistry and Environment (Department responsible)
· Department of Applied Biology
· Department of Physics and Computer Architecture
4. Focal centers and consortium agreements/
· University of Alicante (UA) .- Faculty of Science -
· Universidad Miguel Hernández de Elche (UMH).
5. Academic year beginning
6. Number of places available
60 (maximum), with 10% initial reservation of seats for foreigners.
7. Maximum number of students by specialty
8. Tuition fees
During the academic year 2008/2009 2012/2013 the price per credit has been established in 46'20€, according to Decree 107/2013, of July 26, the Generalitat Valenciana Conselleria d' Educació.
1. Minimum number of European credits of tuition per student and teaching period 60 credits in the first time you enroll.
2. Rules of stay: two years of initial academic year (total 3 years enrolled as a student to complete the 60 credits).
3. Implications of where you to apply to the master: because it is a Masters, the registration may be made either at the University of Alicante, Universidad Miguel Hernández. However, it should be noted that the reading of the draft final master will be in the university where enrollment takes place.
Also, the master's degree will be issued by the university where each person is registered, so it will be entitled Master in Analysis and Management of Mediterranean Ecosystems, University of Alicante (or Miguel Hernández, depending on where you choose to enroll) .
1. Orientation and mode of scholarship
2. Scientific field
· Experimental Sciences
Number of credits to obtain the
60 ECTS (two semesters)
Specialty program in second half:
· Marine Ecosystems
· Terrestrial Ecosystems
· Environmental Management
Value of materials and activities (compulsory, optional and own specialty (if applicable) indicating the number of credits and the campus where students are
[ SEE TABLE ]
After completing her master's degree students who meet the requirements for the purpose may enter the doctoral program. The activities leading to the research training will consist of the execution of an original work in one of the research proposals, and PhD completed their training with attendance at courses and seminars organized by the Department responsible for the PhD.
Universidad de Alicante
Carretera de San Vicente del Raspeig s/n
03690 San Vicente del Raspeig
Tel: (+34) 96 590 3400Fax: (+34) 96 590 3464