The Protocol Office is available to all UA members who would like to organise an event. Here are some tips on the steps you should follow when planning an event:
1. EVENT NAME Give a name to the event.
2. SET A DATE AND TIME FOR THE EVENT The event should be scheduled at least 3 months in advance so everything can be ready in time.
3. BOOK THE VENUE To do so, you must submit a written request to the relevant department or office. In some cases you may consider booking the room for the day of the event and the day before, to allow plenty of set-up time.
4. LEAFLETS, INVITATIONS, POSTERS, ETC.
Corporate Image Office UA members can contact this office if they need posters, leaflets, invitations, etc. You are advised to request this service well in advance.
Person to be contacted: Rafael Mora Catalá Telephone number: 965903471. Location: Main Library
Person to be contacted: Juan González Pagán Telephone number: 965903472. Location: Biotechnology building (former Social Council building) Email: email@example.com
A copy of your document should be provided, indicating theme, title, date, venue, speakers, etc.
Please ensure that you order our services in good time.
5. SEND OUT INVITATIONS Invitations should be sent out approximately 3 weeks ahead of the event so attendance can be confirmed, if necessary. Invitations must specify a deadline for attendance confirmation and the phone number, fax number or email for it.
6. MAINTENANCE SERVICE Contact the Maintenance Service to ask for any equipment you need: loudspeakers, rostrums, head tables (please specify how many people will be sitting at the table, tablecloths, music, projectors, flags, etc.).
7. SUPPORT STAFF Support staff, if needed, must be requested via the Protocol Office, which will provide suitable staff depending on the nature of the event.
8. WILL THE UA PRESIDENT OR VICE PRESIDENT BE ATTENDING? If so, you must do the following:
1. Invite them to the event:
You must give them the invitation personally or at their secretary's office 2 weeks ahead of the event.
Attach the full event programme, with dates, schedules and authorities who will attend.
If you give them the invitation personally, inform their secretary's office so they can add it to their diaries (required).
2. If authorities are attending:
When authorities equal or higher in rank than the UA president are expected to attend, organisers should contact the UA Protocol Office to coordinate the institutional staff involved and jointly plan a programme.
3. On the day of the event:
Fifteen minutes before the event starts, the most important organisers must go to the president’s office and take him to the event venue..
An event script should be available for the president or delegated person on the head table, also including when they should speak..
9. COMMUNICATION OFFICE If you wish to publicise the event, contact the Communication Office at least one week earlier.
Person to be contacted: María Martín Arévalo Telephone number: 965909878 Location: University Council and Administration Services building Email: Gabipremsa@ua.es
10. GARDENING SERVICE You are advised to inform the gardening service of the event to be held and if there will be tours or visits.
11. CHOOSE THE MENUS If there is going to be a lunch or dinner following the event, you must book it at least one week earlier and specify how many people will attend. You must also go there personally to know how the tables and seats will be arranged and organise the protocol. UA restaurants and cafés
12. UNIVERSITY MUSIC GROUPS If you want a UA music group to take part in the event, contact the relevant faculty's secretary’s offices.
13. UA AUDIOVISUAL STUDIO For recordings and pictures of the event, you can hire the services of the UA Audiovisual Studio.
14 . DECOR The Protocol Office can help you with this: tablecloths, name cards for the head table, flowers, flags, water, etc.