Academic and Scientific Communication
The mission of the Academic and Scientific Communication Office is to disseminate the academic, scientific, technological and innovative activities carried out by and in the context of the University of Alicante.
The activities this office is in charge of include the following:
- Reporting on projects, studies, theses and reports undertaken at the UA or in which UA researchers take part, as well as on the UA's technological offer, assessing whether dissemination would be advisable.
- Preparing press releases, often containing graphic and audiovisual material, for a number of media outlets (traditional and online) covering the UA's academic and scientific activity, and also for dissemination purposes.
- Disseminating the commercial patents filed by UA research groups.
- Promoting the awards and merits obtained by UA scientists.
- Contributing to other UA media channels.
- Providing information on the laboratories and technological equipment available at the University to UA research groups, institutions and non-UA companies.
- Arranging personal interviews with researchers and experts in a particular subject, study or technology.
- Contributing to different science communication websites, such as Red RUVID or the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology - SINC.
- In 2011 it joined "La universidad responde", a programme in which short videos are released for popular science purposes. Backed by the Spanish Conference of University Presidents, among others, the videos are available on the websites of the Spanish universities involved in the project.
- Any other activity or function in connection with the Communication Office.