Vicente García Escrivá........................... firstname.lastname@example.org
Luis Antonio López Belda.......email@example.com
1. Providing students with a general overview of technical elements (shots, scenes, sequences, camera movements...), narrative resources (chains, ellipses, flashbacks...), aesthetic and emotional means related to the world of cinema. Analysing those elements in order to learn to discern their quality and rigour.
2. Study about the various sides of the Seventh Art (narration, language, edition, direction, aesthetics...) so that students can be equipped with tools to assess the viewing of film works from a more informed perspective and with a greater analysis capacity.
3. Bringing closer to students the keys to appreciate film art beyond its entertainment potential and the interest of the narrated anecdote. Without forgetting these two essential fun aspects, the aim sought is to help students to discover why they like what they like so much and eventually to understand that this knowledge will not deprive them from the fun-based enjoyment, but will actually increase it.
- Theoretical explanation of the contents, illustrated with the viewing of fragments of cinema and advertising works as well as videoclips. Subsequent analysis and discussion of the comments made by the students and the teachers, reinforcing the theoretical contents explained at the beginning of the session and referring to knowledge acquired in previous sessions.
- The contents will be developed with the intention of increasing the analysis capacity when it comes to watching cinema.
- Through the comments relating to the film fragments that they have seen, students (with the teacher's guidance) will deal with the contents covered in the course. A special effort will be made to stress the key aspects seeking to improve the quality of analysis, insisting on the most relevant contents.
- At the start of each class, a brief comment will be made with regard to current news in the Seventh Art and to cinema curiosities (premieres, cinema award deliveries, films being shot and other news). The goal is to show cinema and audiovisual as something alive which finds itself in an ongoing evolution and innovation process.
Campus de San Vicente del Raspeig
Apdo. Correos 99 - 03080 - Alicante
Tel: +34 965 90 94 54Fax: +34 965 90 98 12