It has been published in the BOUA the bases for an urgent call to deal with COVID-19 aimed at funding COVID19 research projects , in accordance with the principles of social need, emergency and efficiency given the general interest. The FUND – COVID19 by the University of Alicante will finance an amount of 90,000 euros.
On 1 April 2020, the following additional provision of RD 11/2020 of 31 March has been published extending temporary contracts of research personnel funding from public calls for human resources in the field of research
FULL TEXT OF THE PROVISION:
Thirteenth additional provision. Rules applicable to employment contracts signed from the financing of public calls for human resources in the field of research and the integration of contracted staff into the National Health System.
1. Entities which have entered into fixed-term employment contracts from funding from calls for human resources aid by state science system funding agents, Technology and Innovation, under any working modality and within the framework of Law 14/2011, of June 12, on Science, Technology and Innovation, may extend the validity of the same under the conditions provided for in this additional provision, only when it is a year or less to the completion of the corresponding employment contracts.
2. The extension of the contracts may be agreed for the duration of the alarm status and its extensions linked to the health emergency caused by the COVID-19, as provided for in RD 463/2020 of 14 March, declaring the state of alarm for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19. For justified reasons, contracts may be extended for up to three months in addition to the duration of the alarm status and its extensions.
In addition, where contracts have been suspended to enable contracted persons to be integrated into the National Health System to address contingencies arising from the health emergency caused by COVID-19, the suspension time shall be added to the one set out in the preceding paragraph.
3. In any event, the total duration of the employment contract and its eventual extension may exceed the maximum time limits laid down in Law 14/2011 of 1 June.
4. The extension of employment contracts shall require the conclusion of the corresponding agreement between the procuring entity and the personnel employed, prior to the expected date of termination of the contract.
5. The labour and social costs arising from such an extension shall be financed from the budgets of the body, body or convening entity, under the same economic conditions as the corresponding call. The holders of the higher and managing boards, presidents and directors of the boards are authorized to make the necessary budgetary changes and variations to give rise to such financing, including those carried out from remnants of the treasury, as well as the re-settling of the corresponding expenditure files.
6. The boards and entities may issue the decisions which are necessary to adapt the conditions laid down in their corresponding calls for aid provided for in this RD by law, being able to modify by them the conditions and deadlines of the execution and justification of the aid, as well as any issues that could affect the proper development of the contracts in their different modalities and other concepts of expenditure because of the alarm status and the application of the provided in this provision.