The University of Alicante (UA) and its governing board have placed their trust in me to coordinate the research and transfer policies of our University. This is a great responsibility and I am proud to relead again the R&D policies after seven and a half years of parentheses in which I have been in charge of different responsibilities at the UA. Together with the current rector, Manuel Palomar during his time as responsible for this office, I had the opportunity to work on the implementation of different projects that today are an example to follow, such as policies to promote technology-based companies (EBT), the creation of units such as the Office of International Project Management (OGPI), the Innovation Unit or the Science Park Foundation. Initiatives that have served to make the University of Alicante a reference in research and knowledge transfer.
In this new stage I will promote new actions that I believe have room for improvement and which have not been addressed in its full breadth. I hope that my time in charge will serve to lay the foundations for a new impetus, necessary for research and knowledge transfer.
The research structures of our university, such as university research institutes, research groups or technology-based companies, deserve transparent and effective R&D policies that free up from bureaucracy, and also to put at their disposal all management structures to facilitate the day-to-day application and project management, creation of EBTs, etc.
I can only be proud of the research services available in our University. I am convinced that teamwork will allow us to improve their results for the benefit of research, the University of Alicante and society.
Rafael Muñoz Guillena
Vice President of Research and Knowledge Transfer
Due to the exceptional situation arising from the measures taken to combat the spread of COVID 19, this office will carry out all its activity in a non-presential basis from the 16th of march until further notice. Any communication or request may be made through our institutional mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or through electronic administration UACloud.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
It has been published in the BOUA the bases for an urgent call to deal with COVID-19 aimed at funding COVID19 research projects , in accordance with the principles of social need, emergency and efficiency given the general interest. The FUND – COVID19 by the University of Alicante will finance an amount of 90,000 euros.
Application deadline April 8, 2020 at 14 h.
On 1 April 2020, the following additional provision of RD 11/2020 of 31 March has been published extending temporary contracts of research personnel funding from public calls for human resources in the field of research
FULL TEXT OF THE PROVISION:
Thirteenth additional provision. Rules applicable to employment contracts signed from the financing of public calls for human resources in the field of research and the integration of contracted staff into the National Health System.
1. Entities which have entered into fixed-term employment contracts from funding from calls for human resources aid by state science system funding agents, Technology and Innovation, under any working modality and within the framework of Law 14/2011, of June 12, on Science, Technology and Innovation, may extend the validity of the same under the conditions provided for in this additional provision, only when it is a year or less to the completion of the corresponding employment contracts.
2. The extension of the contracts may be agreed for the duration of the alarm status and its extensions linked to the health emergency caused by the COVID-19, as provided for in RD 463/2020 of 14 March, declaring the state of alarm for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19. For justified reasons, contracts may be extended for up to three months in addition to the duration of the alarm status and its extensions.
In addition, where contracts have been suspended to enable contracted persons to be integrated into the National Health System to address contingencies arising from the health emergency caused by COVID-19, the suspension time shall be added to the one set out in the preceding paragraph.
3. In any event, the total duration of the employment contract and its eventual extension may exceed the maximum time limits laid down in Law 14/2011 of 1 June.
4. The extension of employment contracts shall require the conclusion of the corresponding agreement between the procuring entity and the personnel employed, prior to the expected date of termination of the contract.
5. The labour and social costs arising from such an extension shall be financed from the budgets of the body, body or convening entity, under the same economic conditions as the corresponding call. The holders of the higher and managing boards, presidents and directors of the boards are authorized to make the necessary budgetary changes and variations to give rise to such financing, including those carried out from remnants of the treasury, as well as the re-settling of the corresponding expenditure files.
6. The boards and entities may issue the decisions which are necessary to adapt the conditions laid down in their corresponding calls for aid provided for in this RD by law, being able to modify by them the conditions and deadlines of the execution and justification of the aid, as well as any issues that could affect the proper development of the contracts in their different modalities and other concepts of expenditure because of the alarm status and the application of the provided in this provision.
URGENT REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR EXTRAORDINARY FUNDING OF RESEARCH PROJECTS ON SARS-COV-2 AND COVID19 DISEASE
Form and deadline of submission:
1. The interested parties shall submit the proposals by email to the address: email@example.com using the template that can be downloaded from the website of the Carlos III Institute of Health (www.isciii.es).
2. All information may be published throughout the processing of this call on this website and/or at the ISCIII website https://sede.isciii.gob.es published.
3. The deadline for submission of proposals will start on 19 March 2020 and shall remain open until the termination of the funds for COVID19 which will to be communicated.
4. Send a copy of the application proposal submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Any data you need of the proposals or clarification about the call, you can contact the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Se interrumpen los plazos administrativos de los actos y procedimientos derivados de las convocatorias gestionadas por la Agencia Estatal de Investigación
La Fundación de Estudios Financieros (FEF) con el fin de estimular y reconocer la labor de investigación y estudio en el ámbito de los Mercados Financieros, la Economía, las Finanzas y las Instituciones y Entidades que prestan Servicios Financieros, convoca los "Premios de Investigación y Estudios Antonio Dionis Soler 2020 de la Fundación de Estuidos Financieros"
El plazo de presentación de los trabajos va del 1 de abril al 27 de julio de 2020
Video realizado por el servicio de informática para presentar las nuevas aplicaciones
The purpose of this call is to regulate 2019th concession procedure, under the principle of publicity, objectivity and competitive competition, of the different types of financial aids that include the program of the Vice-Rectorate for Research and Knowledge Transfer aimed at promoting scientific research, technological development and innovation at the University of Alicante.
This program includes six lines of action:
1. Incorporation and training of research and technical personnel.
2. Competitive research.
4. Scientific-technological infrastructures.
5. Dissemination of research.
6. Actions of public-private collaboration regarding transfer of knowledge.
The State Agency of Investigation (AEI) has published for the first time a calendar with the dates of opening and resolution of calls for 2019 and 2020 of the current State Plan for Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation 2017-2020.
In the following link you can access the presentation of the lecture given by Professor Lluís Montoliu, doctor in Biology and scientific researcher of the CSIC in the National Center of Biotechnology, "Ethics and integrity in scientific research" on May 10, 2019.
Ethics and integrity in scientific research
En el siguiente enlace, podrá consultar y descargar la presentación impartida por el profesor Salustiano Mato sobre el nuevo sexenio de transferencia.
The University of Alicante has joined the agreement on Openness on Animal Research, promoted by the Federation of Scientific Societies in Spain (COSCE), with the collaboration of the European Association of Research Animals (EARA), and launched the 20th September 2016.
Carretera San Vicente del Raspeig s/n - 03690 San Vicente del Raspeig - Alicante - Tel. 96 590 3400 - Fax 96 590 3464